Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentines Day Children's Shirt

Paula always wants holiday themed clothing.  But, being the frugal minded person I am...I can never rationalize with myself that it is worth it, so she never gets any.  I decided that I would try my hand out at a basic valentines day t-shirt for her.  I used a long sleeve shirt we already had, and bought two shades of pink felt which cost 29 cents each felt sheet.  I printed a free printable template for hearts online, and used those as my patterns to make the hearts in two different sizes.



She was very happy and I think that this along with some pink tights will look very pretty for her Valentines Day party at school.  I think it came out pretty good all in all, and the most important thing is that she is happy.  The felt would easily be enough for two or three more shirts, but Sara isn't interested becuase it is not purple.  If you have more then one child the felt goes a long way.  I love Paula's new girly stage, she is too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment