Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Monday, February 14, 2011

~Love Potion~

Happy Valentines Day!  Today was a pretty quiet Valentines Day in our house, marked by Paulita having strep throat.  I swear we never get sick like this...time for some spring cleaning to get the germs up and out!  When we went to get Paula's prescription, each of the girls could pick a Valentines Day treat.  Sara picked a little princess box of heart shaped chocolate, and Paula a Mickey and Minnie in love lolipop made of marshmellow, to which she didn't like.

I had to get creative with Miguel...becuase I just felt like it wouldn't be Valentines Day without doing something for him.  So....we bought a little candy bar of chocolate at the drug store, but I still wanted to do something more.  At 3:45 it hits me....just moments before he got home from work.  With our new juicer, to which I love and am completely fascinated with....I would make him some "Love Potion", basically a fresh natural juice of strawberries.  Sara preferred to refer to it as a princess pink drink...hey whatever floats your boat!  So I whipped it up and mixed it with some fresh oranges as well for sweetness, and gave it to both girls.  Sara drank it and liked it, but Paula I had to give to her in a medicine dropper to get her to take it.  After I asked each of the girls who they were in love with and they said Mami. 

So we were super psyched with our Valentines Day Love Potion.  Here are some pictures, I wanted to have the photos with out children, but Sara just couldn't wait to try it.  Thought the one was pretty funny becuase you can see her sticking her tongue in it!



I guess all of what I consider "winter holidays" are behind us, and now it is on to spring.  Happy Valentines from our home to yours!
~Mama Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment