Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cut Pj's

So Mama Betsy had an enlightenment from her Mom.  As a mother, I have an obsession with the fact that if my kids are not old enough to sleep with sheets and blankets, then they need to have footed pj's.  When they graduate to a big kid bed with sheets, then they can wear other types of Pj's.  ....maybe I am just a worry wart.  Sara has a toddler bed and we give her a blanket but it is not one that gets tucked in, so she still needs footed Pj's.

I have been ever so religious about getting Sara in her new elbow extension brace splint every night, but one of my complaints was that she couldn't wear the big bulky fleecy pj's becuase her arm wouldn't fit and be comfortable in her splint.  So I was using the super tight long sleeve shirt type of pj's and using socks, but I just didn't feel it was the same warmth wise with the shirt shifting up and the legs to. 

While complaining about this to my Mom....she had an idea....an OH SO WONDERFUL IDEA.  She suggested, using the tight t-shirt pj top under neath the footed pj's, but cutting the sleeve off of the footed pj, so that she could still wear her brace and be WARM.  In case this is confusing, first I cut off the right sleeve of her footed blanket sleeper pj.  I then put on a tight long sleeve pajama top, then the footed blanket sleeper, then the elbow immoblizer splint...and it works WONDERS!  Here is a picture:


She has a red long sleeve t-shirt on under her Princess Pj's.  I would use this same idea for any orthotic that I had that was bulky like this.  If I had a leg splint, I would first put on a tight fitting pair of pj pants (similiar to long johns), then the blanket sleeper with the leg cut off, then the splint.  Thanks Mom!!!


 
Sara also got her purple velcro for her splint on Friday from Mr. Robert.  Mr. Robert the orthotist at Children's is now at the top of Sara's list!!!!

Love from the trenches ~ Mama Bets


No comments:

Post a Comment