Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Therapy Tennis Ball

Thank you to Betsy W and her February/March OBPI Newsletter I got this idea for a therapy activity.  It is a tennis ball, with a mouth slit into it with an exacto knife.  From there, you decorate the tennis ball with a face, and have the child feed the mouth with whatever you have.  We used coins, but you could use decorative erasers, bingo chips, ect.  This is a strength building activity that requires bilateral use of the hands. 


Both of my girls thought this was a fun activity and wanted to do it, however neither Sara who has a ROBPI or my 4 year old daughter were able to do it on their own.  Both needed assitance, but both wanted to do it multiple times.  I think if my four year old had slightly larger hands she could have done it, but I am not sure that two year old hands are big or strong enough to do it independantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment