Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Today is a play day for the girls.  This is one of their favorite dress up activities.  They like to play ballerina, of course Paula is the teacher and Sara is a ballerina in training:)  Today we were missing one of Paula's ballet shoes so she has one ballet shoe and one flower girl ballet slipper.  Sara has been in a mood where she only wants to wear purple and use purple things, purple is her favorite color.  Paula's favorite color is blue...so here they are with their true colors shining through.

"I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And thats why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors
Are beautiful like a rainbow"
~Cyndi Lauper



Earlier this fall I made the easiest dress for Sara.  A little halter dress where all I had to do was sew up a straight line on the back.  I had planned on making little ribbon straps for it, but I already thought she was too rounded (she's really been enjoying the holiday cookies and candy, I think we are officially over our legal consumption of sugar for 2 and 4 year olds) to fit into it.  So today I thought I would try it on her and if it didn't fit I wanted my niece Lily to have it.  It fit and she was so proud of herself wearing her "tora and poots" dress:)  Super easy project, and looked nice.  I think I will make one for Paula in a different print  for her to wear as a shirt!



Notice the drama that only she can show:)

Love from the trenches~Mama Betsy

No comments:

Post a Comment