Mami, Papi, and the girls.....

Mami, Papi, and the girls.....
stories from our little corner of the world.....

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Earlier this fall I enjoyed a wonderful crafternoon with my good friends Sara (Gigi) and Jean (Jellybean).  Along time ago, in a place far away, the three of us worked together at Girl Scout camp, hence the nicknames which were camp names at the time. We had stumbled upon a DIY on reusable snack bags, and we all know that kids consume lots of snacks.  I fell in love with the idea of not having to use any plastic and not having any waste.  Here is the tutorial on how to make them:

http://thecottagehome.blogspot.com/2010/09/embroidered-reusable-snack-bag-tutorial.html

And here is how they came out, I was very pleased!!!

I made 5 of them, the butterfly's were for Paula and I, the Sesame Street for Sara, and the brown one for Miguel (special thanks to Jean for giving me fabric that was more gender nuetral!!!).  I chuckled at the thought of Miguel showing up to work with a butterfly bag!

The Outside

The Inside (a non bleached and no color fabric)

I was pleased with how they came out.  They are great for bringing snacks in the car or for a lunch to go.  I would not recommend them for a sandwich becuase the bread gets a little stale, especially after prolonged time.  I have also used them to carry the baby silverware so they don't get dirty in the bag.  Another cute way to use them would be toothbrush and toothpaste for a sleepover at Grandma's or in a more adult design as a make up bag. 
Happy Crafting ~Mama Bets

No comments:

Post a Comment